Let's do this!!
1. The girls and I had a quick, super fun trip to Disneyland today and advertisements for the new Cinderella movie were everywhere! The trailer really captured my attention and I am excited to see this movie! Plus, who doesn't love Cate Blanchett?!
2. Really love using this pure dark chocolate cocoa. The kiddos were really jazzed about having hot chocolate tonight and I used this dark chocolate version rather than the regular. In a saucepan, add 2 cups of milk, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, a dash of salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar (special treat!). Mix and then warm over medium heat until it is the temperature that you desire. Then add 4 tablespoons of cocoa = dessert in a mug! (I doubled the recipe and it was just enough for the 3 kiddos = none for Mom!). The kiddos were in chocolate heaven and quiet as mice (never happens :)
I also make the yummiest chocolate cake with frosting and I use this cocoa in the recipe! You can check it out HERE!
3. Jerold and I used to go to Napa every spring. We are definitely overdue for a trip, but one wine that we fell in love with while touring their winery (we love our wine!) is THIS one! So, so delicious - apple, melon and pear with a hint of oak spice - YUM.
4. I have had a lot of people ask me about a recipe I love to make - beet pancakes! Oh so good and a perfect way to to start your day (starting the day with veggies = smart eating). The color is so pretty too! I got the recipe from THIS website - which I love and its one of my go to sources for making quick, healthy meals for my kiddos.
5. The end of February is here and I thought it would be fitting to end this post with a tribute to Black History Month. I saw the movie Selma a couple of weeks ago and WOW - so powerful and a great movie that I think all Americans would appreciate. It is neat to see a film on this subject, where the protagonists move forward in a peaceful, positive manner. Yay for that!
The song Glory (from the film) just won the Academy Award for best original song.
A positive, meaningful, totally cool song...
Have a fantastic weekend and happy running and racing!!!
Happiness Is Running Life!