Hey friends! Happy July!
I feel like when July arrives, I am fully settled into the heart of summer and yet there is so much to look forward to!
We have been having a blast this week! It (gasp!) rained here on Tuesday!! Let me tell you, Southern California is having a major drought right now, so any drop of water falling from the sky is beyond fantastic. The girls were so excited that they raced to put on all the appropriate rain gear (annnd it was so not needed, but super cute nonetheless!)
Rain for us = a few drops from the sky for about 15 minutes. #drought
We need rain so badly, I feel like we should be doing some sort of prayer/rain dance.
spit rain shower, it went back to sunny skies and Wednesday we hit the pool!
Not me, but my Mom here with Elle. Thank goodness for Nana!
The pool that we go to is close to the track where I do lots of repeats during marathon training. It was so nice to stop by and I had to take a pic!
I went to PT again, which is now officially my second home. I have been working hard on my exercises, but my therapist wants me to squeeze in another session of exercises each day. My quad muscle still needs some work to get stronger and the more I exercise it, the better it will be! I also have been using a muscle stimulator to activate the muscles (wake up quad muscles!) and am using this three times a day...
Janae over at HRG had a really cool running survey on her blog last week and I had fun filling it out. I would love to know your answers too (or at least some of them)!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? I'd prefer a mountain trail! I love the mountains and it would be a change of pace from the beach :)
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? I don't drink gatorade, but If I did I would choose Mango Extremo.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? A new pair of running sunglasses!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? Training plan - especially if I am in a marathon cycle.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill? Start with uphill. I know it's brutal, but I can get it over with. There is a trail I love that starts with an incline, but coming back is sweet because it is downhill!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? Aqua jogging and stationary bike!
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs? I am going to say loop runs.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—> Garmin! #lovemygadgets
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs? A few lizards, snakes and some beautiful birds! I did once run a 10K in Wyoming the day there was a bear sighting. I was so scared, but really wanted to do the race. Also, it was a super SMALL race, so the pack evened out pretty quickly. I ended up singing and clapping the whole time to keep the bears away! It was such a beautiful race and I am so glad I ran it. If you ever get a chance to run in Wyoming - do it!!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? We got lost while running in Tuscany once. It was the best thing ever :)
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? A huge bowl of fruit and a big bowl of steel cut oatmeal, 2 glasses of water with ice + lemon or lime. Oh, and an egg!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often? Shorts!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? I start feeling warmed up by mile 2 (sometimes 3 if I am getting back into shape).
14. What do you do with your key when you run? I have always tied my key to my running shoe. It totally works for me.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be? Hummm, I would have to say the Chicago Marathon. I love that race!!
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run? Tempo runs. I know they are necessary, but I always get so nervous!
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on? I am not back to running yet, so my motivation is to do the work at home and the gym so I can get out the door to run soon!
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start? Mostly, I start from my front door, but I love the days when I can drive somewhere!
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? I HAVE to have sunglasses. Period.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? My goals. I know I have to put in hard work to see the results on race day.
Now it's your turn! I'd love to read some (or all!) of your responses. Have fun!
Happiness Is Running Life!