I have been feeling so sedentary these past few weeks, that it feels good to do something toward keeping some fitness...
I got back to baking today!! While my Dad is here helping me, I am able to do a lot more than if I was on my own. It's funny all the little things we take for granted bopping around on two legs - just gathering ingredients is a big deal and Dad was a huge help!
I made Oatmeal Currant muffins and they turned out great! I'd love to share the recipe with you :)
My kiddos have oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast and I realize it's time for something new. This recipe is quick, easy and perfect for breakfast with fresh fruit and even an egg if you'd like.
Also, they are awesome for a healthy snack!
Let's get started!
First, I whisked together all the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, brown sugar, and milk)...
Then I combined all the dry ingredients (almond flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and a dash of salt).
Then I combined the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients....
Mix together and add the currants...
Cook for 17-18 minutes and volia!
Oatmeal Currant Muffins
By: Natrunsfar (adapted from allreceipes.com)
Makes one dozen muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with butter.
3. Whisk eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, and milk together in a bowl until smooth.
4. Stir almond flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into wet ingredients to form a batter. Fill the prepared muffin cups with batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 17-18 minutes.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
I am happy to be back for Meatless Monday (yay!) and I am linking up with Tina and Deborah!! Are you reading their blogs? Well, what are you waiting for - click on over and be inspired by each of these ladies! Also, you'll find lots of wonderful meatless recipes from other bloggers!
Which do you prefer - cooking or baking?
How often do you weight train?
Happiness Is Running Life!